Tuesday 15 March 2011

I hate to run

So why am I considering downloading the C25K app on my phone? I don't mind walking but it feels a bit pointless, I wonder if I'm doing the program if it will motivate me to get out and do it. Or will it sit on my phone mocking me and making me feel bad?

Those of you who have done it, how did you find it? Which app did you use (is there more than one? I have no idea!)

I'm going to the gym today and went yesterday but I really feel that I need to do more just at the moment, my weight is holding pretty steady, not surprising as I'm having periods of not eating too well. My birthday celebrations are all behind me now and I have no excuse but to get on with it.

It's my 1 year anniversary on the 25th of March, I would really like to be at 199 lbs by then, you know that I'm not very good at meeting my goals but I'm putting this out there now! Thats 10 days from now to loose 6 pounds, I can do it. Maybe the C25K would help.

Sorry for the ramble!

8 comments:

  1. Getting started is the hardest part. Once you get into the groove, it's easy. I alternate between walking the beach and walking on the treadmill either listening to music good for exercising to or watching tv programmes I really wanted to see. If you push yourself hard on the exercise you can do the 6 pounds, and it would be such a milestone for your anniversary. Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a great idea! Sometimes changing up your exercise routine jumpstarts some weight movement. I don't run either but I have the strange desire to start. I am scared to try on the treadmill cause I don't want to fall in front of people!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd really like to do the Couch to 5k program but it scares me!! I know there are a bunch of programs on Itunes, my problem with those are that the music stinks! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it. I thought I would hate running too, but I've started jogging VERY recently and I love it and crave it. Just take the first step and download it. Then MAKE yourself do it. Schedule it and do it. No excuses. If you really hate it, you don't have to do it again.
    It's worth a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you have one that does apps, get the c25k app where you use your own music and it just tells you when to walk and run. The music does suck. Personally I couldn't stick with the C25k. I had to do my own program. I feel better each time I beat on of my previous times. Who knows? There may be runners hiding in us yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent plan! Like others mentioned, just geting started is the key. Once you do it a few times, you will start challenging yourself. Get competitive with yourself and it will help you motivate. :) Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful plan! I'm not sure about any of the apps out there, but I love your motivation!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't tried the C25k app yet, but I would love to :-) Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete