Friday 25 March 2011

It's my anniversary

A year ago today I was banded.

In the last year I've lost 51 pounds, I feel so much better about myself and I've dropped 3 dress sizes.

Was planning a better post but have had a nightmare with Isobel being in hospital after eating a sweet given to her by a classmate who is Polish, the sweet was peanut, Izzy doesn't speak Polish so had no idea (She has a peanut allergy) so her and Paul have spent the afternoon is hospital. She is ok, very puffy but has had steroids which have really helped. I feel frazzled and stressed as I wasn't with her and had Paul dithering and calling me asking stupid questions when he just needed to get his arse to the hospital with her.

(Feeling sorry for myself bit) It really does seem to be one thing after another just at the moment, wish we could have a break from problems.

Am celebrating my anniversary tomorrow with a solo shopping trip, can't wait to have some time alone!

Sorry for my moany post. Hope that everyone is well.

16 comments:

  1. You must have been terrified...my son has a peanut allergy too. I'm glad that Isobel got medical attention and is OK...

    51 lbs is a great accomplishment...Hope you find some great 3 size smaller clothes on your shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy bandiversary!! Isn't it great the difference a year can make. And so glad that Izzy is going to be ok. Maybe a epi-pen will need to be part of her pack just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - has it been a year? You have done great-51 pounds that won't come back. I'm so sorry about Izzy - that must be so frightening.
    I hope the shopping trip is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations - well done on the 50+! Glad Izzy is ok, it must have been scary. Enjoy your time out shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work this year-- sorry your anniversary was marked by a child's trip to the hospital! Glad she's ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BANDIVERSARY! What a great year! Glad Izzy is ok - must have been very scary. Enjoy the shopping trip - it will be a lot more fun than a year ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember we were banded on the same day, Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry about is!!! glad she's on the mend....
    but--well done on year 1!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Real peanut allergies are terrifying. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness!! The insane world with kiddies!! I hope she is feeling better and I hope you two get a week of calm.

    1 year lady! 1 year of working hard and you have done so well! Here is to the start of year two and even more loss!

    Have fun shopping, take pics in loo's to show us outfits! lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your success! Keep up the great work!

    Sorry about the allergy - what a scary thing to have to deal with. I hope she is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, so sorry for you Izzy, hope she gets well soon....I have a horrible nightmare about finding about my daughter having a food allergy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your one year mark :o) Sorry the day was such a bad one. It must be so hard to have to life with a peanut allergy. I hope Izzy is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on a fabulous year! Hope Izzy is okay and you had a successful shopping trip.

    ReplyDelete
  15. First, great progress on the bandiversary!

    Second, how scary with Isobel! Men...seriously helpless. So glad she's OK.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow! How scary!! I'm SO glad she is okay.

    ReplyDelete