Saturday 23 April 2011

A new low, I think

Thanks for all your kind wishes regarding my Grandma, the funeral is on Thursday, I'm really not looking forward to it.

As the title suggests, I'm at a new low, I think. The I think is because I'm on my new scale, it was 14st 8lb (204 lbs) today, my other scales are between 3 and 4 pounds lower than these and my lowest on the old scale was 14st 6 (202) therefore I think I've lost a pound or 2 extra. I still have the old scale but I'm not going to check on there, that would be madness!

Paul is away with both of the kids so I'm getting towards the end of my second solo day, I've not done anything at all other than relax, its been fantastic, I've just watched television. I'm missing them all now, especially Isobel, I've not seen her for a week! This is the longest we've ever been apart.
They come home tomorrow, on Monday we're taking them in to London to see the sites that they will see during the Royal Wedding on Friday, we're going to Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey and the along Regents St as they have union flags up and down it, we're then going to do a river boat cruise on the Thames and I think that the kids will have had enough by then! Will try and take some photos and post them, the weather is glorious here just now.

Hope that everyone is having a nice long weekend xx

4 comments:

  1. Yeah for the new low.. take it and claim it Alison.. and wow for the Royal Wedding watching.. say hello to Kate for me.. I was so terribly disappointed that I had to turn down their invite, but my "to do" list was just so long (LOL).. allot of folks on this side are having wedding parties next weekend to celebrate along.. EVERYONE loves a wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been following for a little while. So sorry for your loss. We were lucky to have our grandparents into adulthood.

    Hopefully your sorrow will be taken over by fond memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're getting so close to onederland! Enjoy the time out. Hope the funeral is a chance to remember happy times with your grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wooohoo!! A new low!! Things are better for me too...I've not had any easter candy either!

    I know what you mean about missing the kids. Looking forward to time alone and then when they are gone you get a little bored!

    Chris has been gone for the last 3 days and I've enjoyed my "alone" time...I also sorta miss him!!

    ReplyDelete