Tuesday 5 April 2011

Rubbish blogger

Sorry for not updating for a while, again, there is nothing going on! I'm not loosing weight but I'm not really gaining either (phew!) although I feel I ought to be! I don't seem to have much time to do anything, haven't read any blogs in a week, not sure what is filling my time though, seem to be in a daze!

Today is day 2 of the holidays, I think that by Friday I will be selling tickets to children's boxing matches, they are just awful, constantly needling each other, George seems to have taken this to a whole new level and will hit quite a lot, Isobel is insanely jealous of everything he has/has done/any attention he might get, everything. I really don't know why they just can't try and get on just for a bit. It's exhausting, I feel like a referee, maybe I'll buy a bow tie?

It was Mothers day here on Sunday, I told Paul not to buy anything as he takes the kids and they normally pick out pot pourri in gaudi colours and scents! He bought plant pots for them to paint complete with lily bulbs inside which is lovely. We had my Mum over for lunch and I spent the day cooking, was ok, I ate lots and am amazed I didn't gain weight, maybe I have worms? Nice thought there.

Anyway, going to go and read some blogs whilst shouting at the children, I am so enjoying the holidays! Can't believe that I only have 3 and a half weeks left of it!!
Right now they are arguing over who loves Jerry (from Tom and Jerry) the most, sigh.

8 comments:

  1. LOL....When kids get crazy with the kids, I just remind myself that is is very temporary. My kids are older and I romanticize how they were when they were smaller. Your Mother's Day sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have worms. But nice image Alison, thanks! lol

    1 month of vacation is insane. No Child needs that! In my non child opinion!

    Glad to hear from ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not looking forward to summer break here in the States for just that reason. 2 1/2 month of my kids being sick of eachother. No thank you. Sometimes I'm glad I work fulltime.

    I love the flower pot idea. I may have to pass that one along to the hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so looking forward to Summer-but just the sleeping in :)

    sometimes school in session is and adult holiday :)

    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who loves Tom & jerry the most? Oh my!

    I have a very dear friend who is a psychologist and has dedicated his career to working with troubled youth. He suggests that parents NOT referee the arguments all the time. If we do, they never learn to work things out themselves and they constatntly bring their issues to you to resolve. Instead, he says to sit the kids down and tell them that you have confidence that they can resolve their argument WITHOUT fighting and that you want to hear all about whatever resolution they come up with and then leave them to it. I have done this with my daughters for years and it usually works very well. They sit together and usually one of them gives in. Of course they still find lots of things to argue about, but they can usually resolve it themselves, which is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry Alison - be strong!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Tom & Jerry! Both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wait...Ben and Jerry. I love Ben & Jerry! :)

    ReplyDelete