Tuesday 8 February 2011

Back to school today!

Izzy seems to be better and has gone back to school, I am relieved, she was pretty horrible yesterday, being a typical 6 year old I guess but she is ghastly to George all the time, just really horrible, I wonder if there is something wrong, we're still getting all this everyone hates me all the time, gah I'm so over being a parent.
When I sit and talk to her about it she gets very defensive and blames everything on George, even when he's not involved at all, its getting too much now.
I was cross this morning after yesterday that I could barely look at her. I feel like the worst mother in the world, I just don't know how to deal with it.

Anyway, parenting woes aside, eating is going well and I'm managing some walking, did half an hour mostly running yesterday with kids on their bikes, then they both fell of within 40 seconds of each other, dreadful! Today my car was being cleaned so I walked around town whilst waiting for it, must have walked for at least 2 hours, am quite tired now. Car is looking great, I'm loathed to let the kids back in to it as they'll mess it up!

Still finding that the scale is calling me! I've not crumbled and haven't weighed since Sunday, am really hoping for a good number on Saturday.

Off to catch up, hope that everyone is well.

7 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work with eating and exercising!

    I can't really give any parenting advice but keep your chin up, it will get better. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine what you are going through with the kids. But I know I would be annoyed

    I feel like you are having a sense of renewal... Happier with your choices..ie logging and exercising. I think you are doing break my dear. Keep it up! Make the kids run around the outside of the house when they start misbehaving!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can empathize with your parenting woes!! Sometimes every bit of it is hard and nothing we seem to do is the right thing. I don't know if it would work on your kids as they are younger than mine, but maybe there's a version of this that you could come up with??? I totally stole this from someone's blog (no idea who)- Every once in a while if my 2 boys are just at each other and I can't handle it for one more second. I make them sit next to each other on the bottom of the stairs and they have to sit there until one of them makes the other one laugh. For a while they sit there with their arms folded looking away from each other because there's no way in Hell they are ever going to talk to the other one, much less make them laugh. But eventually they get bored and one thing will lead to another and after a while - it works.

    I've also heard where people make their kids sit down and list good qualities their sibling has - and they have to sit there until they have politely listed some number of "real" good things about the other. I haven't tried this one yet, but I'll get around to it one of these days.

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Mother had a terrible time with me and my brother - we are about the same age difference as your children! We fought constantly. She survived us (barely).. I understand completely!

    They're back in school which is a good thing because it means everyone is on the mend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I had 2 girls who were 4 years apart and they really didnt go at it with each other until their teens.. on the other hand I had 3 brothers barely a year apart.. my mother was on valium.. so go figure.. hang in their Alison.. those years fly by quickly..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you read any books about what your kids are going through? It might sound simplistic, but if you are desperate, give it a try. Or maybe call Supernanny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have also heard that the Supernanny does wonders with kids :o)

    In other news - congrats on the walks!!

    ReplyDelete