Wednesday 2 February 2011

Negativity

Was just considering what to write any its all really negative. So I'm going to spit all out and then try and readdress the balance.

The scale is still saying 14st 12lbs (208 lbs) I'm frustrated and annoyed and this is the worst thing for me, it makes me think that there is no point, I then snack and make bad choices.

There is some of that going on now, evenings are killers for me.
I am exercising, I am in the main eating healthy high protein meals, I have booked a fill for the 25th of February.

But, I weigh under 15 stone, I haven't been under this in years and years and years. I am happyish about how I look, I want to be smaller and look better but I'm ok just now.
I don't measure myself but I know that even though my weight isn't going down I am smaller, I can feel more bone under the blubber!
I have some nice clothes that fit just right!

That's all, the scale is still here, I am going to get rid, in fact I just got a skip delivered to take away all the compost rat rubbish and I might do a symbolic throwing the scale in it. I might.

Have a good day all.


10 comments:

  1. Don't dwell on the negative thoughts, I know it's easier said than done. I just came out of a negative spiral myself. I think just taking pride in the small victories is helpful. For instance, you really want that sweet treat but you resisit...you have to be really proud of that small show of will power.

    You can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that we have similar habits. My mood is determined by the number on the scale and I forget to see that I am feeling good, my clothes are looser, and I know I look better. Focus on the positive! Easier said then done I know! But we can do it,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the same boat, the scale just doesn't want to move, but I do feel different and look different. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there--look at you though you maybe be feeling negative but you took positive steps to do something about it. booked a fill and thinking about that scale. I would not throw it away just yet but you can for sure stash it somewhere to make it difficult to get to.

    I have found (and it comes back as a message over and over) that when I want to snack it usually means that I am about to lose some weight..wait out the painful bits you have a band therefor you have to drop some eventually right?

    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like you and Amanda, I have so many scale issues. I give you a lot of credit for maybe throwing it out. I don't think I could throw mine out, and it does determine my mood. I just try to stay logical about it and know that if I didn't do anything differently but I've gained a pound, its just water weight as I couldn't have gained a pound of fat over night. And when its just staying the same (and I haven't done anything different), I know that it will catch up and I'll lose 2-3 pounds in 2-3 days sometime soon.

    I'm glad you are balancing it out with the positives. Isn't it wonderful when you can feel bones and your clothes start to fit better? Keep focusing on that stuff! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alison I like reading your blog and trying to imagine what your accent would sound like with you speaking it! lol Hang in there!!! This too shall pass!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like quite a few of us are in the same non-losing boat. It really sucks, but glad to hear you are happyish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sucks when the scale isn't moving or worse - moving the wrong direction. Hang in there! Keep working out and making better choices and the scale WILL move!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry your scale is being so cruel, but at least your clothing is cooperating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If your scale is being nasty to you, I say chuck it! Give it to the rats to make them miserable!!

    And please don't beat up on yourself.. This is such a tough time for many of us.. Winter and gray skies just seem endless, and I for one have found myself getting down on me - and everyone around me. We'll get through this!

    ReplyDelete