Friday 12 November 2010

Things I have learnt today

I can not eat pastry, trying to eat a mince pie whilst at a packed "shopping evening" was a huge mistake!

So, I bought a chicken and mushroom pie at a farmers market this morning, thought that I would have a small amount with some cauliflower for dinner, one bite of pie, stuck, very sick.

Then went to shopping evening, had a mince pie, awful again and again and again. I'm not sure that I ever normally eat pastry, it just didn't work at all.

Did get some things at the shopping evening, I bought Paul an indoor composting caddy, sounds boring and indeed is boring but he will be thrilled. It's from Jamie Oliver's range and is quite tasteful and will look nice in the kitchen.
I bought Izzy a hand made cushion that has "love" embroidered on it, she has a fluffy heart cushion on her bed which she sleeps on every night, we bought it a few months ago and I told her it was a hug from me and she loves it, I thought that she'd like the cushion too. I bought my friend Sarah's daughter Emily a pandora bracelet and some beads and a whoopie pie cake thing, have never tried them before, was ok, not great. Was able to eat it which was good!!

1 comment:

  1. Those pies can be deadly but we still try. Love the Love cushion and how cute is the Hug one. When I used to kiss my kids goodnight I would also say mmmmmmmmm and hug them. Funny but they still want a kiss and a mmmmmmmmm even though they are adults. One of my fondest memories. And so will those cushions. I so want a pandora bracelet. I've been thinking it would be a great idea to have a charm for each NSV or goal met. You should think about the same. Give Hubby the suggestion for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete